Family

Family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sugar, Pedicures and Sumo Nathan!

Nathan has had Chad and I in stitches this past week. We were just commenting last night how creative and down-right funny he is. He comes up with things lately that just make us look at each other and wonder where in the world he comes up with these things. Here is a fun recap of our past few days.
On Thursday Nathan and I started making our Valentine's Day treats. We started with cupcakes. As you can see it didn't take Nathan long to discover that eating them is far more fun than decorating them! I think we had like 3 decorated before he decided to shovel one in! Oh - he just woke up from nap time - hence the nice hairdo :)
I had to encourage him to actually take a bite of the cupcake because he really prefers to just lick off all the frosting.

Thursday afternoon I was headed to the nail salon to get a pedicure and Nathan tagged along until Chad could pick him up after work. Nathan thought it was so cool! He called it a foot bath and wanted one as well. He was sitting in his own chair trying to reach his feet in. I told him I'd give him one tomorrow if he wanted and as you can see he was all up for it! He of course may want to kill me someday for posting these pictures - but he ate it up! He even wanted polish - of course I used clear :)

We put a foot fizzy in and he was mesmerized watching it dissolve.
After drying the tootsies off, trimming the toe nails and filing them a bit - on with the clear polish. He thought they looked "awesome!" I just had to take pictures to torture Chad with them - too funny to pass up honey!
On Friday we started in on our next Valentine's Day project of baking and decorating sugar cookies.
Saturday morning Chad and Nathan played delivery men to some folks around town with cupcakes, cookies and a "Happy Valentine's Day!" That morning we enjoyed some yummy homemade cinnamon rolls cut out into heart shapes and opened some fun little presents. Nathan was super jazzed about his new barn plate, cow fork and spoon and alphabet cup. I've decided that I almost enjoy Valentine's Day more than other holidays because it just doesn't carry the expectation and stress like other holidays. There is no expectation for gifts or jam packed activities. It's relaxing and such a fun time for me to love on my guys! I was thoroughly giddy over it all and loved sharing in that fun with Nathan. At lunch on Saturday he just looked at me, smiled and said, "I smiled at you, and I love you Mommy." Talk about melt my heart! After Chad and Nathan got back from delivering our tasty treats we sat on the couch and talked about their little trip. He told me about each stop and then just looked at me and said, "I don't have anything else to say," and sighed. I burst out laughing and wrapped him in my arms and kissed him. I am completely in love with this little boy and how his mind works. I cried the other day thinking about having another child to love - how can I possibly love another child as much as I love him? I know it will be possible - but it astounds me!

Friday night before bath time I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard! The child put himself in the hockey jersey position!
Next we met "Sumo Nathan!"

Of course he thought it would be fun if we all joined in and got our pictures taken!

This has to be one of my favorite pictures of Chad and Nathan together - yipes!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Those pics of Nathan sitting getting a pedicure from his mommy are TOO FUNNY!! Chloe and I enjoyed!!

Beth said...

Thoroughly adorable and hilarious! I love Nathan stories!

kpunt said...

Chad, I think you need to take Nathan out to get a tattoo. Something to make him feel like a man after Shay "Abused" him as shown in the pictures above.