Nathan and Gracie played kitchen while Karys was taking a nap.
Chad and Gracie get some tickle time in
The next morning we headed back up to Ankeny after getting Nathan's stuff all packed up. Uncle Seth and Auntie Heather were taking the kids half-way and meeting Rob and Erin (way to go Seth and Heather!) They were all excited to ride in Papa Brent's truck!

I love the look at Gracie's face! Yup - you are in for a ride with that wild boy Nathan this week! She did keep saying that he was crazy with the cutest little expression on her face and just laughing. I loved it!After saying our good-byes Chad and I headed out for some lunch and ran some errands in Des Moines. It was incredibly weird to take our time and not worry about getting back by a certain time. The strangest feeling was waking up in our own house on a Monday morning without Nathan there. To not have to get him ready and drop him off at school, not have to make dinner as soon as I walked in the door at night, to not do the bedtime routine...It was all so very weird and all so very nice at the same time! It's strange to be in your own house without your child there with you. It kind of felt like old times before Nathan was born.
Thursday morning I left for Des Moines to run an errand and meet up with Heather. She rode with me to Missouri Valley to pick up Nathan. It was great to have company along the way! We met up at McDonald's and enjoyed some yummy ice cream before heading home.
No comments:
Post a Comment