Family

Family

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

"You wouldn't believe how much fun we had on vacation!" We were blessed to get to stay down in the very sunny and VERY HOT Lake of the Ozarks for a full week at the Vander Well Playhouse with Tom and Wendy. We always love vacationing with them and our boys think they are just awesome! Well - we do too :)

One afternoon we headed to Big Surf for some pool time and crazy water slides. We were very happy that Aaron decided he likes the pool and lake water after all. When it's warmer than bath water temps he'd better be okay with it!

The see-saw proved to be a favorite of Aaron's. I think he liked the opportunity to squirt someone with water when he went up and down.
Such a BEAUTIFUL friend!!

Takin' a trip down the slide with my awesome boys
We all wish we would have broken the Wii out sooner in the week! Nathan and Aaron both were infatuated with it. If it wasn't on Aaron would actually walk up to the TV and slap it and point up to the remote for it if it wasn't on. Smart cookie he is. You can tell he was pretty worn out by this point as he was content to watch what was going on - love that he crosses his feet just like Big Brother always did!

Friday morning we all hopped in the van and went on a donut run to Daylight Donuts. Delish! The part that I wish I could have gotten in the picture is that right smack next to it is the Police Station! No joke!

Hmm, maybe there was so donut frosting on Aaron's face? These two are so adorable together lately. Nathan loves to grab Aaron and give him spontaneous hugs and kisses. Aaron loves to body slam his Big Brother when he's lying down. Must be his way of showing affection right now...???
Such a handsome little fella!

Another good lookin' fella! Yes, he's wearing a pink life jacket. We even had a full discussion that guys can wear pink - even Uncle Seth has a pink shirt! Then it was okay - but the flowers were pushing it a little. I think it was then that Wendy looked at Tom and said they really needed to get a boys life jacket ;)

Now you can see where my boys get their handsome good looks! Everyone says how much the boys look like their Daddy.
Aaron wasn't exactly sure about the boat when it was going faster - so he loved to snuggle in and snooze on Wendy. I just love this picture!

Tom had some serious competition on who Aaron thought should drive the boat. Aaron's expression is just priceless, "Come on, you know I can do this!"

Our boat ride took us to Bullfrogs (I think that's what is was) for dinner. You'll have to ask Chad and Tom about their interesting "coffee time" one afternoon there.... ;)

I love watching this amazing friendship grow!
Buddies!!
"I love my little brother so much!" Uh yeah, just make sure he can actually breath when you squeeze. Priceless! I love how calm Nathan looks and how Aaron's got a finger pointing up as if to say, "uh, somebody?!"

It's all good!
We had a blast going out on the wave runners, fishing (Chad's got another lunker of a story for ya there), going to the beach at Captain Ron's, swimming off the dock and enjoying fabulous meals and awesome conversations! We just wish that our children got the memo about how you are supposed to sleep in on vacation. Grrr. I'm tempted to just wake them both up at 5 am when they are teenagers and we're on vacation. For a day at least. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome week with awesome friends!

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.