Family

Family

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Austin Vacation

This year we headed down to Austin, TX to spend time with the Tolander family (Uncle Greg, Aunt Kris, and cousins Matt & John) over Thanksgiving. We left at 6pm Friday night the week before Thanksgiving and arrived at their door Saturday morning at 8am. We were incredibily impressed at how well the boys travelled!


Yay!! We've made it!

Nathan had a blast going on a special trip with Uncle Greg & Aunt Kris to watch John at his swim meet. John had a great swim day and we were all so proud of him!

Aaron thought he was a pretty big boy sitting at the table

Hangin' with the cousins. We had a chance to go check out Matt's digs and he gave us a fun guitar concert. Nathan was intently watching and thought it was so cool!

Aaron's begun feeding himself. Sometimes it's a bit of a messy affair....

So proud of himself

John went and helped clean out a closet at the church and came home with this sweet get-up! Nathan of course had to try it on

Aaron really didn't know what to think of the costume....

Still not so sure.....

What in the world....

Nathan is so completely enamored with John. I don't think I even really saw Nathan the first two days we were there! He and John played and played and played.
If he wasn't with John he was in the spa. At first he wore his floater and then he decided he didn't really need it as he started jumping in, diving in and even swimming under water! I was completely shocked because this is the boy who 2 summers ago pretty much refused to go into the water! Looks like it's time to sign him up for swimming lessons. Oh, and nice booty shakin' here

Aaron finally realizing the camera
And learning to say "Cheese!" when it's pointed at him
It was such fun to watch the boys hanging out and playing together
One afternoon Greg, John, Chad & I went on a Segway tour of the historical district of Austin. It was so much fun!! I think I had a smile plastered on my face the entire time and wanted to ride that thing back to the house!
What an awesome time!!
I had so much fun spending time with Aunt Kris in the kitchen! We had such great conversations in that room cooking, eating and drinking coffee together. We made one awesome Thanksgiving meal if you ask me! Aunt Kris helped Nathan discover his love of "Mexican McDonalds" a great Mexian restaurant near their house that Chad and I are really missing!
We had such a great time in Texas and I can't wait till we get back - hopefully soon for as well as the boys travelled. It was incredibly difficult to leave such wonderful family and great weather! We made some great memories and thoroughly enjoyed our time there!

3 comments:

Déjame_pensar. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DAMBA PERDANA TIANDRA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DAMBA PERDANA TIANDRA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.