Family

Family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day at Disney World

We took a little family vacation to Daytona Beach, Florida the end of January into February and soaked up the warm weather and sunshine. Thankfully both the boys handled the flights remarkably well and we got settled into our timeshare on a Saturday night.

Due too so many photos I opted to do our trip to Disney World first :) It was a first for all of us - so exciting! We went on Wednesday - the perfect day weather wise - 84 degrees and overcast so you didn't get too hot - HA!!! Nathan enjoyed watching for Mickey on our drive from Daytona Beach to Orlando. Once inside the park he quickly saw "Casey". He has a book called "Casey at the Bat" which he just loves since he's a big baseball fan. Had to get a picture and eat our lunch there.

Have to get the photo in front of the castle before we hit the rides!
Nathan and Chad took off for the race cars while Aaron and I cheered them on

We were so excited to meet Mickey and Minnie! We toured their houses and didn't even realize we were going to get to meet them! I think I was just as excited as the boys!




At one point while waiting in line I asked Aaron, "Where's Nathan?" to which Aaron responded by running up behind Nathan and holding onto him for dear life. It was a fun game to play the entire day.

Nathan meeting Donald

We all thought the Swiss Family Robinson house was pretty cool and would be an awesome place to hang out and have a slumber party
I just love how tired Aaron looks in the picture. He was soooo tired but only took a 20 minute nap that day. A couple of meltdowns of course - but he did great and loved it!

Nathan's favorite ride of the entire day was the Pirates of the Caribbean. We went on it twice. After the first time we got off the ride they started to do a live skit on the stage. It was pretty cool!


This is not a wax figure of Johnny Dep - I couldn't believe how much the actor looked like Captain Jack Sparrow! Nathan's souvenir gift of the day were pirate Mickey Mouse ears and a pirate sword. Go figure!

We had great seats for the afternoon parade
Nathan was so excited to see Mary Poppins. The poor boy yelled his little heart out to each character hoping they would see him and smile. And I tell you what - everyone that he yelled at looked right at him, winked and waved!! It was pretty cool!
One of my favorite movies is Cinderella and I was pretty impressed by these ladies and thier get-ups

Of course you have to get Cinderella and Prince Charming

Aaron's favorite ride was the Winnie the Pooh ride. Mommy and Nathan rode together and...
Daddy and Aaron rode together. When we got off Aaron walked right up to a big cozy soft Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal and wouldn't let go of it for anything. So...he had picked his souvenir and is in bed sleeping with right now


The Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor was a hoot. I had to get this picture since I work in HR now. What a hoot!
Nathan's other favorite ride was the Buzz Lightyear ride. It was pretty darn cool I must say. We got in line after the ride to meet Buzz
It was after that point that Aaron finally succumbed to a nap. It only lasted about 20 minutes but he was definitely in dire need
Fun for the whole family! It was a great day and we all had so much fun and can't wait to go back again someday!
This picture is from the next morning at breakfast. Aaron was still feeling the hangover of so much fun the day before he just couldn't keep his head up
Our last full day was the only "bad" weather day (meaning it was only about 60 degrees and a bit windy). So we headed to the Ponce Inlet lighthouse and toured it and the grounds. We all actually made it to the very top but didn't stay up there long

Before our big trek up!

No comments: