The end of February we went to Orlando, Florida with Jen and Justin Parker. And NO KIDS! All I can say, is AMAZING! We had 5 days of parental "freedom" to just relax, play, eat food when it was hot, eat when we wanted, have a continuos conversation without being interupted and sleep as long as we wanted. Can I just again say, glorious!
Our first afternoon and evening there we hung out, went to the store for groceries and brought back some pizza for dinner. It was a great night for a dip in the hot tub and to settle into vacation.
The next morning we got ready and headed to Universal. Going to a theme park without kids is definitely a different experience. This time we got to be the excited kids running from ride to ride. Okay, so maybe we didn't run because we realized how much older we are and how adversely the rides are with our stomachs now. :)
Our first ride was a Harry Potter roller coaster which was really great. Then we headed to the main Harry Potter ride and, Wow. The warnings about not riding if you experience dizziness or motion sickness should be taken more seriously. By me at least. About half-way thru it I thought I was going to toss my cookies. I actually had to close my eyes and pray for it to end! Sad thing is, it's a really cool ride! Darned age anyways!
The Jurassic Park are was really cool. Justin coaxed us into the water ride...another great ride if you want to get wet when you are wearing denim shorts. Poor Chad got the brunt of it and Jen and I tried to cover our bangs. ha! It truly was an awesome ride though!
The favorite ride of the day was the Spider-Man ride. I went with the Parkers while Chad went on the Space Shot again. We had to gather Chad to go on it with us because it was so good. While we were on the ride the first time we missed the Super Hero parade though. Bummer!
Here are our real life Super Heroes!
Chillin' by the pool on Saturday. It was a perfect day to lie by the pool and soak up the sun. We kept saying how awesome it was to be doing that while we were missing a crazy snow storm at home. We even went and played some sand volleyball.
Saturday night we headed to Downtown Disney and had an awesome seafood dinner! Sunday was a bit overcast so we headed to a matinee and I finally got to see Les Mis! That night we stayed up late playing my new favorite card came, Pepper. To have a video of Justin teaching me how to place this would be priceless! I am a self-admitted terrible card player so it was quite humorous!
Monday we hung out by the pool and enjoyed our last day of sunshine before Chad and I left that afternoon. It was a glorious day to be outside!
We are so incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends in our lives who asked us to join them for an adult only Spring Break! I think we might need to do this more often :)
No comments:
Post a Comment