We are all very excited and and can't wait to welcome the newest little Vande Lune into the family the end of July. We are hoping and wondering if Nathan has a touch of the prophetic b/c he was talking about and dreaming about having a baby sister before we ever knew I was pregnant. He woke up one morning talking about how he dreamt about his baby sister and that he wanted to go give her a hug. He would walk around the house with his toy cell phone talking to his baby sister. Now, we know that the "correct" response the question of what do you want is "a healthy baby" and that is 100% true - but to be totally honest, I really hope we have a girl. One, because Nathan really wants a baby sister; two, because I would love to have a little girl; and three, because I am not doing this again. I know, I know - that sounds harsh. But I have been so incredibly sick this time around and basically useless. I'm 12 weeks along and still feel like running for the bathroom just about every moment of the day - and many times do. You get to the point where you feel like you are a horrible mother and wife b/c you just can't function. I am praying daily for the energy to make it thru and that this is the last day I feel like this. At least with Nathan is was only in the evening - with this pregnancy it's all day long. Whether or not we will find out is still up for debate though.
On an exciting note - we heard the heartbeat on Friday morning at our 1st appt. I was praying we would hear it b/c I had the freakiest dream that I wasn't really pregnant. I dreamt the doctor told me it was a tumor in my stomach that was making me feel so sick and why my stomach was growing. Yikes! Terrible dream! Chad and Dr. B thought it would be fun to tease me and keep listening for a 2nd heartbeat. Very funny, guys.
As you can see from the following photo - Nathan is really quite excited!
The sweetest part of this pregnancy right now is when Nathan comes up to my belly and kisses it and says, "My baby sister is in there. She's taking a a nap, Mommy." He kisses and kisses my belly and lays his head there and puts his arms around me. It fills me with such joy I cry!

2 comments:
I was so excited for y'all when I heard this news! Nathan will be a great big bro as he is such a nurturer! I am praying health for Shay and baby!
Love,
Rainey
Congrats again and love Nathan's shirt! Where did you find it?
Post a Comment