Family

Family

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Camille Marie Arrives

She's here! The arrival of our precious baby girl happened on Friday, December 2 at 4:57 pm. She was exactly one week early and we named her Camille Marie. Camille means Devoted and Marie is my middle name. She weighed 7 lbs 9.8 ounces and was 20 3/4" long. She weighed more than both the boys and was the same length as Nathan. Just perfect.So, the birth story.. Thursday night I was having contractions pretty consistently for a couple of hours (but that happened almost every night for the past couple of weeks) and they tapered off and I went to bed. I woke up at 3 am hungry and went downstairs to make myself a sandwich (something I've never done before - weird). When I went back upstairs I noticed that my water make have broke - more like a trickle I'd say, but I went back to bed at around 5 and was up at 6. I got showered and ready for the day since I had a Dr's appt at noon. Around 8:30 I talked to my sister-in-law, Erin (also my labor & delivery coach) about my situation and she told me to call my Dr. of course :) I did and they instructed me to go into L&D to check if my water had broken. I called Chad and told him he needed to come home and then I called our amazing friends Tom & Wendy and asked them to come over and watch the boys in the meantime.

We arrived in L&D at 9:45 and I was still only dilated to 3cm and my water had indeed broken so I wasn't going anywhere and my contractions were "piggybacking" according to the monitor. At 11:45 Dr. Bruxvoort checked me and fully broke my water which the nurse and I thought there must have been at least 1.5 gallons of fluid - no joke! At 4pm Dr. B checked me and I was at 5cm and 80% effaced. At 4:15 Chad arrived back at the hosptial with Erin (she made it in time from Orange City!!!). At 4:30 things really started to change and my contractions were getting really intense and painful. I told them I really had to pee and went into the bathroom but nothing happened. Erin of course being a nurse was like Um, you need to get back in bed. It was then that all of a sudden I said I needed to push! I just remember being grabbed by the nurse and hauled very quickly back to bed and told to not push and having the nurse check me and hearing her yell, "Get the Dr. in here!" They quickly got the bed set up and Dr. B arrived. I had one contraction in bed and he gave me the okay to push. He saw the head and I pushed thru one more cycle of counts and she was out! At first Chad and Erin thought she was a boy but then we heard Dr. B and nurse say, "It's a Girl!!" All those months of not knowing and she's finally here! After getting her all checked out they placed her on my chest and she was ready to eat.

I opted to not use any pain medicine this time as I wanted to recover more quickly and after having so many contractions during this pregnancy I decided to brave it and see it thru to the end. I don't regret my decision and couldn't have done it without the amazing support of Chad and Erin - they were rockstars who knew exactly what to do and say at the perfect times!! It was really quite an amazing experience and I still think back on it and can't believe it's done and she's here. We are a family of 5!

Daddy and his little girl
I just love this picture!!

Precious little feet that were kicking me for months. Those toes are so long!

Words can't express the gratitude for this amazing woman I'm so proud to call my sister! God has instilled in her an amazing gift of encouragment!

Daddy and daughter bonding. It's so amazing watching Chad with Camille. I think people are right, Daddy's need a daughter :)

Nathan is such a proud big brother!! He said all along that Camille was going to be a girl - he got his little sister

Aaron was such a little sweetie with her and didn't want to let her go

She is such a joy and I savored all the snuggle time in the hospital knowing I wouldn't get as much time once I got home and had to divide my time among 3 kiddos.

We headed home Sunday early evening and were met by my parents, then Brent and Doreen delivered the boys home, and then Ron and Kris showed up with dinner for us. Quite the whirlwind arrival to home! Our first family picture

Bright eyed for some photos



Such a precious little girl. She's really sleeping very well and has even given us some 5 hour stretches at night.

Camille endured her first bath and did really well until I put some water on her head.

Big stretches!

We feel so incredibly blessed and love this bundle more than words can say. Our hearts are incredibly full!! Camille Marie, we love you sweet girl!

No comments: