
Wednesday night we hosted our very first Thanksgiving with the turkey and all the trimmings. Those in attendance were my parents, my step brother Josh and his wife Alayna, daugther Katlynn and son Asher, and my step brother Jeffery. It was a full house and a lot of fun!
Chad and I agreed that if he made the turkey and helped make the stuffing then I would take care of everything else (mashed potatoes, gravy (made by my Mom b/c I still haven't learned how to make this like she does), baked corn, green bean casserole, rolls and candied apple cheesecake. I quickly learned that I do not have enough oven space for everything and had to make a trip out to my Mom's and drop off two dishes for her to bake them. I can see where a double oven sure would come in handy! Everything turned out great and we were all stuffed by the end of the night!
After dinner there was a rousing game of UNO being played.

Nathan found a comfy spot to sit and decided to help out Uncle Josh

Nathan was very particular in how he laid down the cards - so serious!

Papa Truck having a snuggly moment with Asher

Nathan and Katlynn had a lot of fun chasing each other thru the house until she took a crash onto a knee and Josh had to take her to the ER to get an X-Ray to make sure she was okay. Nathan was very concerned and went and got his Cars icepack to put on her knee. He even got a kleenex and wiped away her tears and tried to kiss the ouchie away.
2 comments:
sounds yummy & like a good time! I hope your niece was okay!
I love Nathan's homemade feather hat. Very festive! Way to go, Shay, on your first BIG meal!
Post a Comment