So,I'm still having a hard time believing that it's almost Christmas. I mean, where did the time go? I feel like I must have been living in a time warp the past few months because our house is decorated for Christmas and I'm not really sure how that happened. Oh, wait. That would be my amazing husband who did almost all (I did a smidge) of the decorating this year. I think that may be why there aren't as many ornaments on the tree :) I honestly think he gets more into the Christmas decorating than I do - which is awesome! I thoroughly enjoy the finished product!
I'm incredibly thankful for all the blessed help from family and friends this last week while Chad was gone. I got a nasty case of bronchitis and have been quite couch/bed ridden for some time. It started as a sneaky cold and morphed into full blown knock-you-on-your-tail cough session that doesn't want to let go. I'm at least trying to think positively that my abs are getting a great workout! At this point I'd rather do 100 sit-ups everyday for the rest of my life to avoid this again. Monday night Jen and Jarret Parker came over to play with Nathan, Tuesday night Ron & Kris came over with pizza and entertained Nathan and gave him his bath and put him to bed. Wednesday Grandma Doreen took Nathan to Ankeny for the night and Thursday night Seth & Heather came over. Too be honest I think the child had an awesome week! I was a huge blessing for me to have some help - THANK YOU!
The fun just doesn't end for Nathan because tonight he is having a sleep over at Grandma Kris and Papa Tractor's (Ron) house. They asked a few weekends ago if they could have him for a night - talk about a win/win/win! It will be so nice to sit across from Chad and have a conversation (hopefully without me hacking away).
With love and a thankful heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment