Family

Family

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Audience of One

Lately Nathan has been quite concerned if we are proud of him. The other day after using the potty to take care of some business he looks at me and asks, "Are you proud of me?" You betcha buddy!! "Are you SUPER proud of me?!" Definitely!! As he's running to the van after school he declares, "No timeouts today, Mommy!! And no accidents!! I was a good friend, too!!"

I'm learning more about my first born and his love languages - his desire for words of affirmation and touch. Quite similar to his Daddy. I think it must be God's way of telling me I need to work on these things...


In Nathan's desire to please people, I realize how much I want to do the very same thing...and fail miserably! I fail because I focus on pleasing others more than I focus on wanting to please my Lord. I worry more about what others will think of me or say about me rather than what God thinks of my thoughts, words and actions. When I'm wrapped in the arms of my Abba the relationships around me are more at peace and I'm not focusing on their approval - but the approval of my Audience of One. It's also at that time that I know I'm able to love "better"


My mind goes to the song, "One Pure and Holy Passion"

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you
To know and follow hard after you

To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you
Lead me on and I will run after you


Help me Lord to know and follow hard after you - to grow as your disciple and display that love and faith to our boys and my husband. May our boys seek the approval of their Audience of One!!

No comments: