Family

Family

Monday, May 31, 2010

Family Vaca in Ozarks

This past weekend we celebrated our first family vacation being a foursome. We headed down to the Vander Well Playhouse in the Ozarks and had a blast! There was a lot of fishing, hanging out on the dock and playing in the water on a little beach at Captain Ron's. We couldn't have asked for better weather. I think the boys had a great time and we can't wait to head back for a full week in August with Tom & Wendy!
Chad took a whirl at catching some fish. Alas - they only liked to nibble on the line in the mornings.Every morning Nathan bounded out of bed and wanted to either go and feed the fish or go fishing - it usually ended up being both! I think the poor fish were onto the game by Monday morning.Aaron had a good time watching Nathan fish and hammed it up on his own to entertain Mommy!
We were all so incredibly excited that Nathan caught his very first fish completely on his own!! He even held the fish and tossed it back in - what a boy!! Aaron was so proud of his big brother and had no qualms about reaching out and touching the fish before we bode him farewell.
Such a proud boy!!

Saturday & Sunday we headed over to Captain Ron's Bar & Grill which is literally less than 3 minutes away from the house to play at their beach. They even had a pirate ship bouncy house for kids to play in - which Nathan totally loved. He and I played some sand volleyball as well. Nathan loved getting to splash around in the water - Aaron wasn't a big fan of the chilly water so he chose to just hang on the beach.

I can tell we spent quite a bit of time on the dock b/c even as I type this on Monday evening, I'm still rocking and swaying. It was a great trip with my favorite guys and we are incredibly thankful to the Vander Well's for letting us play at their AMAZING playhouse!

No comments: