Family

Family

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Decision Made

I still can't believe it... I've agreed to not find out the gender of our baby. Shock, bewilderment, slight annoyance, excitement, giddyness. All of those thoughts/emotions and then some on my behalf. Most folks know that I'm a planner by nature and don't really like surprises, so I see this as a pretty big deal for me. But I've decided to take a step back and let this amazing baby be a surprise and honor my sweet hubby who's never wanted to find out the gender of any of our babies.

I like his plan as well for helping me feel a bit more prepared. His thought - we'll take a trip to Target or whatever store of choosing a few weeks before due date and load up on girl bedding and 2 weeks worth of clothing - and not take any of the tags off or out of the packages. We'll bring one boy and one girl outfit and blanket to the hospital and take it from there. I just love how he in return honored my "planner-crazed" side!

So, along with everyone else we are going to be surprised and be so excited either way! Nathan of course still thinks it's a girl because he's already got a little brother - he doesn't seem to need another one. Intersting. But he said today that he's also fine with another little brother...."I guess"

1 comment:

JPhillips said...

WOW - I am impressed!!! The anticipation is already making me excited!!! Miss you guys!