We are entering the, "I do it myself, Mommy," stage. While this can be great, it can certainly pose some interesting and challenging moments in our house. Our little boy is growing up so fast that I just have to stare at him for a few moments because I feel like if I look away and turn back he's going to be 12!
Monday morning Chad walks into Nathan's room and Nathan thrusts out his pipe (pacifier) to Chad and says, "Tastes ucky." "Oh, really?" says Daddy. "Should we throw it away?" asks Daddy. "Yeah, throw away," responds Nathan. Ok, sweet! You know what? He did! The boy threw away his pipe! The gates of heaven have just opened up over our house and the angels are singing with joy as Jesus smiles down on our Big Boy!
Monday night as Chad is putting Nathan to bed Nathan asks for his pipe...."But you threw it away this morning b/c it tasted ucky." "Oh, yeah. Okay," says Nathan. Are you kidding? No other fuss? Awesome! So Tuesday night Mommy and Nathan headed to Wal-Mart to get a Big Boy present. If we remind him that he's a Big Boy - he's all over it. I asked him want he wanted to get for his Big Boy Present and his response was, "Puppy Present!" uh....auntie Heather??
We can only hope and pray that potty training will go half as smoothly as getting rid of the pipe. We know he's getting closer b/c he will go sit down on the floor next to his potty chair and go potty. He'll sit on the potty but as soon as he realizes he needs to go he wants down. In due time.
On the house front...the outside is almost completely sided!! Praise Jesus! Once that is done we can haul in some dirt and get the plants and flowers planted that are sitting in their pots patiently awaiting their home in the ground. Be careful as you drive by. You might get in an accident b/c you are trying to figure out if it's really our house you are passing by. The color has changed and the porch is completely different. I'll be sure to post a picture once it's done being sided.
3 comments:
Nice work, ma'am! (I'm not a blogger) ... but I liked reading about Nathan J's big boy moment!
~ Rainey :)
Atta Girl! Welcome to Blog World. Isn't it kind of fun!? (chesire cat grin)
I LOVE that Big N voluntarily threw out his pipe! WHAT A BIG BOY! He will have to share his "ucky" taste discovery with Ethan! Your description of heavens gates opening cracked me up.
I am so pumped to read your blog. I am such a sucker for this stuff. Thanks for contributing to my - ahem - productivity at work ...
BTW: I think Nathan needs a puppy. :)
Yay! Hopefully you will update your blog more often than I have lately ;) JK! I am so pumped for this!
Post a Comment