This last weekend our wonderful friends Mark & Jen Phillips from Denver, CO stayed with us and I'm missing my friend Jenny something terrible! We saw them what, two months ago in Kearney, NE? But we are still hounding them to move back to Iowa. I'm not going so far as to say Pella b/c heck, I don't even want to live in Pella! Yup - I've said it. This girl is ready to fly the coup. Perfect timing, eh? The house isn't finished yet so I'm afraid we are still in the holding pattern. What I appreciate so much about Jen (we've discussed this in full) is that we can not talk to each other for like 3 or 4 months and just jump right into life. Neither one of us are offended in the least if we haven't called if we say we are going to :) We don't do small talk well and just start out, "How are you, really?" I think I'm entering a stage in life that I just don't have much patience for a lot of small talk or conversations that revolve around kids and babies. Don't get me wrong, there are moments where I can do that for a very long time. But life is short! If we are called to love one another why don't we ask the tough questions and just be real? Call me on my crap and let's move on and enjoy each other. I'm far from perfect and if I want Nathan to see Jesus in me then people need to call out what is wrong in me. Does it hurt? You bet! Do I want to be defensive? You bet! But there has to come a point when you have to ask yourself, "are they right? yes. Do I want to change? yes." So I figure, if you love me you will be real with me.
Okay - on a lighter note. I'm bummed about our camera right now and the fact that I haven't been able to upload pictures b/c something is wrong with our docking station. I've got some great pictures from our weekend with the Phillips' and will post them as soon as I can. Nathan and I are on a trip with Chad for work in Green Bay, WI enjoying some time away just the three of us. Nathan and I went to a railway museum this morning and got to ride a train! I actually had a blast as well! I think I'm going to absolutely love being a Mommy more and more as our children grow up. My family didn't do family vacations and we didn't get to do a ton of fun family outings so I'm soaking up all the fun right along with Nathan! You know those Disney commercials where the Mom or Dad turn into a young child again? Yeah, that's how I feel. I love it! It's a good thing we were out and about this morning b/c it looks like the rain is headed our way. Indoor pool here we come!
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear all about the train ride!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment