Family

Family

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Where's Jesus, Nathan?"

During our trip to Green Bay Nathan and I talked about Jesus.

Me: "Nathan, Jesus loves you."
Nathan: "Yeah, he does."
Me: "Nathan, do you love Jesus?"
Nathan: "Yeeaahh!"
Me: "Did you know that Jesus is always with you and wants to live in your heart?"
Nathan: he looks up at me with really big eyes "Yeeaahhh" in a whisper
Me: "Should we say a little prayer about it?"
Nathan: "Okay"

Me: "Jesus, we love you and know that you love us sooo much and want what is best for us. We know that Nathan doesn't fully understand this right now, but we want you to live in Nathan's heart. We know we sin and aren't always a good friend, but Jesus, we want to love others how you love us. Would you please come and make a place in my heart and be near me always? In Jesus' name. Amen."

Me: "Nathan, where is Jesus?"

Nathan: "Jesus is in my heart!"

Okay - so we know that he doesn't fully comprehend all of this at all yet, but we are putting down roots and want to help them grow deep and wide! After the prayer I had tears streaming down my face as I saw the joy and wonder in my child's eyes. That has to have been one of the most precious moments of my life. I eagerly look forward to the day when he fully understands accepting Jesus into his heart and life. I pray that as parents we would know how to lovingly help water and care for the seed that is being planted.

So, when you see Nathan, ask him where Jesus is. He will tell you!

No comments: