Family

Family

Friday, May 29, 2009

Tulip Time with cousins!

I was pretty excited to not dress up in a Dutch costume this year - don't get me wrong, I usually love it - but being prego I definitely was not going to put one on! I was perfectly content with watching a couple parades and eating some yummy food this year. Grandma Doreen called during the week though and asked if she could take Nathan in the baby parade with Gracie and Karys since Erin and the girls were going to make a trip down. Sure! Hmm, just need to find Nathan a costume in very short notice (thanks Wendy!). Nathan had a blast with his cousins in the parade! Erin, Chad, Great Grandma and I sat and enjoyed the parade while Grandma made the trek with the kiddos.

Post parade picture. It was hilarious because people were asking us if they were triplets!After the parade we headed for Sunken Gardens Pond on the way home for some photos by the tulips. The kiddos had a blast running around the pond looking for the turtle we saw there the day before.

I love how intense they were about their pursuit! They didn't ever find it - but had a lot of fun trying!
Nathan and Karys were checking out the tulips. Poor Gracie had taken a tumble so Nathan and Karys started the picture taking a little sooner.The kissing cousins.
or maybe not!This picture just cracks me up! Photo-op with Grandma Doreen. Kind of difficult to get them all to stand still in one spot after a while.

They couldn't wait to take their shoes off!

Erin and the girls looking so pretty!our little familyAfter photos we headed back to our house to have a little birthday party for Gracie who was turning 4 years old. It's amazing how time has flown! I remember seeing her for the first time when she was 6 weeks old and thinking how amazing she was! She is growing into such a wonderful little girl and I love getting to spend time with her and watching how she interacts with Nathan. She is incredibly loving and very enjoys showing him the ropes! Gracie gobbled up her princess cupcake and was all smiles!Nathan pretty much just loves to eat the frosting!We had a great day and love spending time with cousins!

No comments: